First, it's important to clarify whether you'd like to deactivate or delete the account.
Deactivating (or disabling) an account means...
•The profile will no longer be viewable on Seeking.com -- however, you can reactivate the account at any time by simply logging in.
•Your profile information and photos will be removed from the website, but can be retrieved in the event you'd like to reinstate* the account.
•Deactivating or disabling the account will not automatically cancel any existing auto-renewal membership.
*To Reinstate a deactivated account: simply login using your existing username and password. This will initiate an email alert with a link inside, which you can click on to complete the reactivation.
Deleting an account means...
•The account and all profile information will be permanently removed from our systems. You cannot reinstate the same account once this is done.
•Should you choose to come back to Seeking.com, you'll need to register a new account.
•Any sent messages will remain in their recipients' inboxes, even after your account is deleted.
** It's important to note... **
**We will retain certain data for analytical purposes and record-keeping integrity, as well as to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, enforce our terms and conditions, take actions we deem necessary to protect the integrity of our Services or our users, or take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
**We do not refund Premium memberships. By permanently deleting your account, you will lose any unused time left on your Premium account.
The following instructions outline how to DEACTIVATE or DELETE your account from a web browser:
- Log into your profile
- Click on your username/thumbnail in the top right corner
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu
- On the bottom of the page, click the “Deactivate or Delete Account” link.
- Select the preferred option
Using the mobile app? Currently, there is no option to delete your account through the app, it can only be deactivated.
Please follow the instructions below if DEACTIVATING your account from the mobile app:
- Log into your profile
- Click on the drop-down menu located on the top left-hand corner of the page
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- On the bottom of the page, click the “Deactivate Account” selection.
- Select your reason for deactivating the account.
- Confirm Deactivation by selecting “Deactivate Now” option.